Saturday, January 16, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com.jpg


FOR TODAY
January 16, 2010

Outside my window... snow is melting, and it's warmer than it's been. Mud everywhere, and heavy fog rolling in.

I am thinking... that I'm looking forward to watching Agatha Christie tonight with dh.

I am thankful for... lots of things. Opportunities for Oldest Cubkid, a new kitchen. Laundry caught up.

From the learning rooms... I'm contemplating a need to return to my Charlotte Mason roots. I forget, and get too far afield, and the kids and I are all miserable.

From the kitchen... the sound of boys making calzones. I don't know why they're showing such interest in cooking/baking at the moment, but it works for me!

I am wearing... grubby shirt, yoga pants, and handknit socks.

I am creating... more socks, and order in my house.

I am going... to regret letting my kids go to the lock-in tomorrow night. They don't sleep, we lose all of Monday, and we have some obligations in the afternoon.

I am reading... A Charlotte Mason Companion. Again.

I am hoping... to find some measure of peace in the midst of all the chaos.

I am hearing... boys discussing the best way to fold calzones, and older dd playing hymns on the piano.

Around the house... there are open spaces, due to the Christmas stuff being put away. Paint is going up in the kitchen, and that's a good thing.

One of my favorite things... is sitting by the fire and knitting.

A few plans for the rest of the week: the Lock-In tomorrow night, and reorganizing school.

Find more entries at Peggy's blog:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: