1. Oldest Cubkid is home again. This entailed 400 miles of driving, and organizing over the phone, if the pickup time would be early enough to allow me to continue to run the usual insanity at home. Thanks to a good friend for picking up one ball (kid) and delivering him, we got it done.
2. Oldest Cubkid is on her way to being organized into a summer job and lots of scholarship applications. At least I have thrown all the information at her, and it's out of my brain. This is a good thing, since my brain is failing me at the moment.
3. I actually managed to get 3 out of 6 tax forms electronically filed, and the other 3 finished to be mailed. And it's still January. This was driven by the need to get them finished to get the FAFSA filled out. Which is the next small success.
4. I got the FAFSA filled out, which for the life of me I can't figure out what the big deal with it is. It's not nearly as bad as doing the taxes. You just have to have the paperwork handy to pull the numbers. And I'd done the PIN numbers early.
5. For once in my life, I've been slightly ahead of the game with getting all the paperwork finished to actually launch this Oldest Cubkid successfully.
6. The best for last- she felt that we had adequately prepared her for college from an academic perspective. This is always the sword hanging over my head- am I doing enough, am I going to compromise these kids because they're not in school, are they going to be prepared... And she said other than providing her with a couple of resources, and potentially writing one more long research paper, she was in good shape. So I guess I can breathe again.